Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bathrobe, Stamps, and Puffy Stickers!

dcsh_bathrobe

Man, if they made this bathrobe today in adult sizes, I would so buy one!!!

dcsh_batmanstamps

Here's the Batman set of DC Superhero Stamps... as best as I can figure, these were produced by a company who thought, "Hey, comics are a hot hobby, stamp collecting is a hot hobby, I bet if we made comic character stamps, we'd hit both markets!" But since they weren't real stamps (unlike, say, the ones the USPS came out with a few years ago), the stamp collectors ignored them. I used to have a few sets of these for a while, back in my toy buying and selling days... wish I'd kept them!

dcsh_batmanstickers

Why can't I ever find stickers like these when I'm at the store these days? Oh, yeah, that's right, they don't use classic artwork anymore... it's all "hot artists" and movie-based stuff these days...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, the stamps were big for about a year (1976, I believe..). Paramount (Star Trek), Marvel, and DC all had stickers. I had the Star Trek Sticker book, assuming there were books for the comics as well. I sold my pristine (unstickered) Trek book for a fair amount about 10 years ago. Nice graphics ~ David B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the Star Trek ones, David! I'll have to keep my eyes open for an auction of 'em with a good photo!

    ReplyDelete