Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Walkie Talkies, Super Queen Batgirl, and Sneak Previews!

dcsh_supermanbatmanwalkies.jpg

I think I've posted a photo of these in the package before, but here they are loose so you can get a better look at 'em!

dcsh_superqueen_bg

I don't believe I've shown a photo of this before... this Batgirl figure was part of Ideal's Super Queens line, which also included Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Mera! The line was kind of a complimentary one to their Captain Action line, just aimed towards girls.

dcsh_supesbatssneapreviews

The "Sneak Previews" was one of the entries in the movie viewer market that exploded for a brief time in the 1970s -- it seemed like everyone was getting in on the craze of producing little film loops in a cassette form that you could watch with a viewer -- personally, I think Kenner started it off in the 1960s with its Easy-Show Projector. Of course, home video killed this off pretty fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment